Associate members play a vital role in Open Hand Open Space, contributing to our community and delivering artistic excillency throughout their time. Our relationships are always mutual, as we share our knowledge and ambitions to each other to help us develop as artists and move the organisation forward.
Our aim is to maintain the highest standards, while allowing room for artists to develop and grow. Our selection process aims to ensure applicants are right for us. A new artist becomes part of the organisation, and must commit to helping us flourish as a group.
While not all of the following are requirements, these are some of the categories we consider when selecting new artists:
- High level of practical competence as an artist
- Commitment to excellence
- Demonstrating originality in their work
- An interest in the intellectual aspects of art (eg degree, preferably but not necessarily postgraduate)
- A willingness to take an active role in sustaining OHOS
- Engagement with contemporary art and new developments
- A commitment to professional fine art practice
- An acceptance of health and safety procedures
- An openness to community engagement
- Other skills and experience, such as education qualification
- National and global exhibiton experience
The fee for Associate Membership is £6 per month paid by standing order. All new members are voted on by current artists.